Medicare Bulk Billing Dentist Blue Mountains
Bulk Billing Dental for Children
Grand Dental is a bulk billing dentist servicing the Blue Mountains for children through the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). The CDBS is an Australian Government program that provides access to up to $1,000 in benefits over two consecutive calendar years covering the costs of the basic dental services (except specialist services such as orthodontics).
Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) Explained
Eligible children receive a wide range of essential dental treatments and dental care; basic dental work services include examinations, cleaning, fillings, root canals, x-rays, fissure sealing, and extractions. To be eligible, the child must:
- be 2-17 years old
- be eligible for Medicare
- receive certain Australian Government payments
Bulk Billing Dental for Adults
Grand Dental does not offer bulk billing dental for adults. Bulk billing dental for adults is only available for eligible adults with Health Care Cards at specific hospitals with Oral Health Units.
Nearest Blue Mountains hospitals with oral units to confirm bulk-billing dental and your eligibility.
- Blue Mountains Hospital Dental Clinic (02) 4734 2387 or 1300 769 221
- Nepean Centre for Oral Health (02) 4734 2387 or 1300 769 221
- Westmead Centre for Oral Health (02) 8890 6766
Can I bulk bill my dental treatments via Medicare?
At Grand Dental, we provide bulk billing dental for children through Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). Please bring your Medicare card to your appointment.
Do all private dentists accept bulk billing?
No, it is up to the private dental clinic whether or not they want to offer bulk-billing dental for children through Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
Do I get charged anything when I bulk bill for children through Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
No, you don’t have to pay for anything. At Grand Dental, we process the service directly with Medicare.
Is My Child Eligible For CDBS?
- Children between the ages of 2 to 17 are eligible for Medicare
- Eligibility is assessed at the beginning of the calendar year
- Any benefits not received in the first year will be carried over to the second year.
Aimed at families who are already receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer payment
- Disability support pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) if the child is 16 years or older
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Art Education and Training Scheme if the child is 16 or older
What Is Covered Under CDBS?
- General dental services, including examinations cleans, fillings, and root canals
- Orthodontic treatment is not covered under CDBS
As our team closely works with Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) specialists, we will also assess for abnormal breathing patterns, which may affect the growth and development of the jaws and alignment of your child’s teeth.
Please feel free to call us on (02) 4742 1004 if you have any questions.