Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)
Did you know you could be eligible for up to $1,000 to help cover the cost of essential dental care for your child under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule? Many parents are unaware of the Child Dental Benefits scheme eligibility.
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) is an Australian Government program that commenced on 1 January 2014 to provide benefits for basic dental services over two years
- Under the CDBS scheme, eligible children aged between 2 to 17 years have access to up to $1,000 in benefits over two consecutive calendar years covering the costs of the essential dental services (except specialist services such as orthodontics) via Medicare.
How Grand Dental Can Help
- Don’t miss out on this valuable oral health financial assistance. CDBS is a free dental service for costs up to $1,000, and it is bulk billed through the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Grand Dental is a participating dental clinic for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS). We welcome eligible children patients through CDBS, and we provide high standard dental care that all our patients receive. Our principal dentist, Dr. Max, our highly trained staff, and oral health therapists are experienced in providing dental care to children
- Please call us on (02) 4742 1004, and we will provide you with a comprehensive run-down about the schedule
What dental services are covered by the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
Eligible children receive a wide range of essential dental treatments and dental care.
The following basic dental services are available:
What dental services are not covered by the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
- Orthodontics (braces for straightening crooked teeth)
- Cosmetic dental work such as crowns and veneers
- Any dental work that needs to be done in a hospital operating theatre
Child Dental Benefits Schedule Eligibility
Medicare will automatically notify you if your child is eligible.
Your child is covered by the CDBS if:
- Aged 2-17 years old
- Be eligible for Medicare
- Receive certain Australian Government eligible payments such as Family Tax Benefit Part A or other relevant Australian government payment
What is the process for payment?
- A consent form is required per child patient per calendar year. We require the parent/guardian to sign a bulk billing consent form prior to Medicare bulk billing
- No out of pocket costs. There are no gap fees for services up to $1,000
- No waitlist – please call us on (02) 4742 1004 for the next available appointment
How is the $1,000 allocation spread out?
To ensure that you’re aware of all costs upfront, Dr. Max will explain all the costs and get your consent before treatment begins. Similarly, any additional work required following examinations will also be outlined and explained to you. You can then decide how you’d like to use your $1,000 allocation over the two-calendar year period. We can also look up to see how much of the $1,000 you have left so that there are no out-of-pocket expenses.
To find out more information about CDBS, visit the Department of Human Services website.
Still have questions on the How Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) works?
Please call Grand Dental on (02) 4742 1004, and we will provide you with a comprehensive run-down about the schedule.